Tuesday 17 May 2011

Banana Bread

I am pretty proud of this one! Because I kinda made it up a little and it worked really well! So I am going to boast for a second or two... OK, done boasting. I based this recipe on Nigel Slater's recipe for Black Banana Cake, but changed things a little to suit what I had at home.



175 g of unsalted soft butter or oil-based spread (I used Flora, as it is already soft and a little healthier every now and then)
175 g of self raising flour
175 g of golden caster sugar
2-3 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
70 g of pecans or walnuts
30 g of almonds

Grease and line a loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 170(fan). Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in eggs slowly, followed by the self raising flour. Mash up the bananas and add them to the mix, along with the vanilla, cinnamon and the chopped nuts (I like to leave the nuts in decent chunks, for the texture). Put the mixture in the tin and bake for one hour or until top is golden and skewer comes out clean.

This is best served warm, alongside a chilled glass of full fat organic milk! Night night...


No comments:

Post a Comment