Thursday 19 May 2011

Chorizo and eggs

I forgot to go to the supermarket today, as I spent most of the afternoon in Jacks Cafe enjoying a delicious sandwich and a good chat (a post on Jacks Cafe will follow shortly). In any case, I had to make dinner with whatever I had left in the house and asked my husband to pick up some parsley on his way home. As anyone who has read more than 2 posts on this blog would know, I had some chorizo in the house. I decided to make a chorizo-based medley and then fry some eggs in there. One pot wonder again!

Serves 2

1 onion
2 large potatoes
3 plum tomatoes or 1 tbs tomato puree
50 g of chorizo
1 can of chickpeas
4 eggs
salt
pepper
olive oil
1 tbs chopped parsley

Chop the chorizo and the onions and add to a frying pan. Fry till oils are being released from the chorizo. Add 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan and continue frying on a low heat, till onions soften. In the meantime, dice the potato to 1 inch cubes, add to the pan along with the drained chickpeas and 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes or the tomato puree (diluted in 2tbs of water) and salt and pepper (not much, as the chorizo has lots of seasoning). Cover the pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes have softened. Break the eggs into little pockets of the mixture and cooked till nice and runny. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy! Maybe with some bread - something I unfortunately didn't have...


1 comment:

  1. Sounds really delicious. I make a really quick chorizo and egg tortilla with sour cream. Cook chorizo, then scramble some eggs in the fat, put on a tortilla, garnish with some sour cream/creme fraiche, roll up and serve.

    ReplyDelete