Friday 10 June 2011

Grilled Stilton Salad

I know I have probably mentioned this before, but I love cheese! In fact, monitoring my cheese intake during pregnancy (by the way, I am still unclear as to what cheeses are allowed and what are not during pregnancy) was one of the hardest things I have had to do! And yes, I know how sad that sounds...



Anyway, this is a very easy and light-ish meal that you can be eating within 10 minutes of opening your fridge to get the Stilton out. I usually make it with fresh figs, but as they are not yet in season, I substituted them with dried prunes.

Serves 2

100 g Stilton
4 slices of bread
16 (give or take!) dried pitted prunes (to make them a little juicier, leave them in a bowl with water for 10 minutes to plump up)
10 halves of walnuts - chopped
mixed salad leaves
a drizzle of vinaigrette (mix equal amounts of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a smidgen of mustard, salt and pepper)

Crumble the Stilton over the bread and grill until melted. In the meantime mix the salad leaves, walnuts and prunes and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Crumble some more Stilton on top if you like. Top with the toasted bread and enjoy with a nice glass of wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment