Saturday 15 October 2011

Smoked Trout Salad with Horseradish Dressing

I haven't posted for ages and I do apologise! I don't really have an excuse, other than the fact that I seem to be cooking lots of the same at the moment (weather is very confusing too!), so I don't have much new to write about. I could have had something great to write about last week; I went to the Hand and Flowers with my husband for dinner. 3 days after it was awarded its 2nd Michelin Star! But I forgot my camera and I didn't feel it would be fair of me to write about something that I couldn't show you images of. All I will say is that the food was amazing and we will be going again very soon, I hope!

In any case, this salad is really tasty, filling and fresh. I first made it 5 years ago and have adjusted it over time. It is no Hand and Flowers food, but its tasty and probably cheaper!

Serves 2

2 fillets of hot smoked trout
1 ripe avocado
150g of salad leaves
1 tbs of flaked almonds

for the  dressing

juice of 1/2 orange, freshly squeezed
pinch of salt
pepper
1 tsp of creamed horseradish
1 tbs of olive oil

Place the salad into each plate and flake the fillet of trout over the leaves (check for any bones at this point). Cut up the avocado in cubes and add to the salad and sprinkle the almonds on top. For the dressing whisk the orange juice, salt, pepper, horseradish and olive oil until combined (check for seasoning and heat and add more horseradish if you like). Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment