Monday 6 June 2011

Prawn Pasta

I apologise for the lack of recipes in the last week or so. I have been struggling a little with Missy's sleeping patterns and some screaming. We are slowly on the road to recovery (I hope!!), but it has been a hard couple of weeks!

I have, of course, been cooking and eating for the last few days, but I have not been taking any pictures, nor particularly logging what I have been having, except for this pasta dish. Needless to say that 90% of what we have been having has been prepared in less than 30 minutes - especially as that is all I had before she would wake up again!

Serves 2

250 g of pasta (spaghetti)
100 g of prawns (I used raw frozen ones)
5 chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp of chili flakes, or 1 mild fresh chili, chopped
salt
pepper
olive oil (1tbs)

Pour the olive oil in the pan and add the garlic. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, till starting to sizzle a little, then add the chili and the chopped tomatoes and lower the heat to medium. Allow to cook down for 10 minutes (Don't let it cook too fast, so lower heat if necessary). In the meantime, put the pasta in boiling salted water. If using frozen prawns, add to the sauce 6 minutes before the pasta is ready. If using fresh prawns, add 2-3 minutes before the pasta is ready. Once the pasta is al dente, add to the sauce and cook for a further minute, while mixing thoroughly. Add salt and pepper according to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment