Tuesday 15 November 2011

Smoked Salmon Bagel

This post relates to my Jewish background; I first remember having a smoked salmon bagel in the synagogue kitchen with my Grandma. I absolutely loved it! Smoked salmon was a treat anyway, but with a load of cream cheese in a bagel it was a delight. I often go for a smoked salmon bagel when I feel I need a little comfort and these days I seem to need plenty! It does definitely help - at least temporarily. The assembly of the ingredients is pretty therapeutic itself and then you get to have the first bite... This dish is really best enjoyed slowly.



Serves 1

1 bagel, halved
80g smoked salmon
a good spread of Philadelphia
squeeze of lemon
pepper
rocket

Put the bagel halves in the toaster or under the grill. Once slightly coloured, remove and spread with a very generous amount of Philadelphia. Top with smoked salmon. Squeeze some lemon over the salmon and grind some pepper. Serve with rocket - either in the bagel or on the side. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment