Wednesday 13 April 2011

Peach and Plum 'Grown-up' (Gluten-free) Crumble

This recipe idea came to me when I wanted to use up some peaches I bought the other day. It's a combination of a crumble and my baked peaches recipe - which is where the 'grown-up' element of alcohol comes in. I made it gluten-free, as I happened to have some gluten-free flour in the cupboard... This flour makes it a little more dence than normal flour would, but the taste is there!

For the crumble mixture you will need 300 grams of plain (gluten-free) flour, 150 grams of butter at room temperature, 150 grams of sugar, a little ground cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of oats (optional). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl till you get a crumbly texture - be careful not to overmix, as it will turn into dough. 

Butter a pie dish or Pyrex and the add the chopped fruit (I used 4 peaches and 5 plums - approx 700 grams of fruit). Sprinkle 100 grams of sugar over the fruit (if the fruit is ripe and sweet, add less) and then pour 2 tablespoons of rum (or more if you wish!) over the fruit. Cover with the crumble mixture and then bake in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees for a fan oven) for 30 - 40 minutes or until the top is looking golden. Serve with ice cream, cream, custard or nothing at all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment