Wednesday 25 May 2011

Jacks Cafe - Pellatt Road SE22

My husband and I first visited this cafe in October 2010, during my pregnancy. From the first visit we were hooked! Jacks serves delicious food, sandwiches and cakes, makes some of the best coffee South of the River and its two friendly owners - Di and Alex - make you feel right at home. Since I had my daughter I pretty much go there weekly. There is always something new and delicious on the menu, not to mention Di's awesome triple chocolate brownies! Now the weather is brightening up, there is a pretty little outdoor seating area in the back too.

To be honest, I 'm not sure why I 'm even writing about this place...In a way I 'd quite like to keep it to myself and guarantee myself a table every time, but that would be too selfish! Or would it...?!

In any case, here are a few pictures of some of the great food that they serve. An Original Reuben sandwich - pastrami, lettuce, sauerkraut, thousand island sauce and some Swiss cheese. Di was very excited when she added it to the menu and I can see why! Absolutely scrummy, served in nice, warm, thick, toasted bread.


A jersey royal, artichoke and tomato frittata, served with a fresh, seasonal salad. Light and fluffy, full of flavour.


Finally, Di's fantastic Victoria Sponge. Deliciously light and creamy, yet completely satisfying! Served with a side of vanilla mascarpone! Rich, indeed! Just thinking about it makes me drool...




2 comments:

  1. Jack's is a great cafe. I do know that the previous owner, James, used to have huge buckets of feta in brine which he used for his salads etc. He would often sell you a piece of it. Perhaps you could ask Alex and Di to ask him where he got it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's out of business. I juts wish I could tell this to the owner!

    ReplyDelete